Peerless Florida Contractors Exam Home Study Guide covers two Florida contractor license exams: Business and Financial Management, and Project Management and Contract Administration. It's based on the material used in the actual exam including business practice, bookkeeping techniques, bid preparation and estimating, contracts, contract operation, safety, labor laws, legal responsibilities, Florida State access requirements and more.
Compiled with state approved materials and packed with hundreds of sample questions and answers, this book will make passing the Florida state exam a breeze. ##### Peerless Florida Contractors Exam Home Study Guide covers managing cash flow, obtaining long-term financing, determining proper bid, processing change orders, complying with labor laws, training and safety procedures, and much, much more. ##### There are even four sample tests included - just like the actual state tests, to make sure you pass with high marks. ##### Peerless Institute Home Study Courses have been helping people pass State Contractor's Exams since 1953. We have been doing this longer than anyone else: providing you with high quality, relevant and current/updated material from which you can study and pass the State Contractors' examination the first time. ###### The Florida exam places great emphasis on Business Management Accounting, Workers' Compensation, OSHA and FICA (Social Security). It still contains questions about Contractors' License Law, Mechanics' Lien Law, Industrial Relations, etc.
- Section 1: Business Practices (Setting up an Office; Business Management and Basic Bookkeeping; Principles of Management; Establishing Your Business; Accounting Control; Financial Management; Construction Bookkeeping; Job Costing; Financial Statements; Accounting and Business Glossary; Fundamentals of Bookkeeping and Business Management; Questions on Bookkeeping Business Management; Questions on Retention; Questions on Balance Sheet; Questions on Credit)
- Section 2: Bid Preparation and Estimating (Cost Estimating for Bidding for Small Contractors; Estimating Glossary; Estimating, Budgeting and Cost Control for Large Contracts; Questions on Estimating)
- Section 3: Contracts (Responsibilities of a Contractor; Questions on Contracts)
- Section 4: Contract Operations (Pre-Construction Meeting; Construction Manager)
- Section 5: Safety (Asbestos Location and Use; Questions on Asbestos; Required Safety Program; Questions on Safety)
- Section 6: Labor (Workers Compensation Insurance Laws; Questions on Workers Compensation; Labor Code; Questions on the Labor Code; The State Unemployment Insurance Act; Questions on Unemployment Insurance; Federal Employment Taxes; Questions on Federal Employment Taxes; State Sales and Use Tax; Questions on State Sales and Use Tax)
- Section 7: Legal (Legal Considerations and Remedies; Glossary of Terms; Lien Laws; Expert Advisors; Arbitration and Background; Appointment of Arbitrator; Questions on Legal)
- Section 8: The State Access Requirements (The State Access Requirements for the Physically Impaired; Questions on Access; Florida Contractors Law; Questions on Florida Contractors Law; Practice Test 1; Practice Test 2; Practice Test 3; Practice Test 4)