A Guide To Successful Construction
A Guide to Successful Construction 4th Edition is fully revised and carefully guides readers through negotiations, setting fees, guarantees, progress payments, warranties, damages, bonus clauses, and much, much more. Using the latest AIA contract documents as a guide, it clearly shows:
- How to select the most suitable Project Delivery Systems. Traditional? Design Build? CM? Fast track? Each option has both advantages and pitfalls. You'll see which is best for you.
- How to make sure that bids and proposals fully cover all conditions, and how to make the decision whether to bid or not.
- What special considerations you should make if the owner insists on a bonded contract.
- Guidelines for pricing and billing change orders, and for preparing change order quotations.
- How to secure agreement on the date of substantial completion when liquidation damages for delayed completion or bonuses tied to early completion are involved.
- What a contractor must know before making a claim against an architect or an owner.