Cabling: The Complete Guide to Copper and Fiber-Optic Networking
Cabling: The Complete Guide to Copper and Fiber-Optic Networking 5th Edition is a comprehensive resource that contains expert advice and best practices for implementing data center, local, access, metropolitan and wireless networks with data rates ranging from 100Mbps to 100Gbps using copper and fiber-optic cabling. It is designed to help readers develop the skills needed to design and build reliable, cost-effective cabling infrastructures. The book is fully updated for the growing demand of fiber optics for large-scale communications networks and telecommunication standards and is organized into two parts. Part I covers LAN networks and cabling systems. It presents comprehensive coverage on current cabling methodologies and is updated to the latest industry standards. Part II addresses fiber-optic cabling and components and probes deeper into fiber optics.
- An introduction to data cabling
- Cabling specifications and standards
- Choosing the correct cabling
- Cable system components and infrastructure constraints
- Network equipment
- Fiber-optic, copper and wireless media
- Design considerations for fiber-optic systems
- Passive components, multiplexers and optical networks
- Testing equipment, link/cabling testing, troubleshooting and restoration.
This publication was written with the support of the Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) and can be used to prepare for the Fiber Optics Installer (FOI), Fiber Optics Technician (FOT) and Data Cabling Installer certifications.