Construction Surveying & Layout
Construction Surveying & Layout is a practical manual for builders that explains construction surveying in simple language. This basic handy reference was written to help builders, contractors and developers understand the basic principles of surveying so they can handle more of their own survey and layout work. This publication explains:
- How land is divided, how to use a transit and tape to find a known point, lay out an angle, curve, circle, perpendicular or parallel lines
- How to draw an accurate survey map from your field notes; how to use topographic surveys
- The right way to level and set grade
- How to align foundations, walls and floors
- How to find or check lot corners.
- How to make a survey for any residential or commercial lot, driveway, road or bridge, including how to figure cuts and fills and calculate excavation quantities.