Delmar's Standard Textbook of Electricity
Delmar's Standard Textbook of Electricity 6th Edition combines comprehensive coverage of basic electrical theory with practical how-to information that prepares readers for real-world practice. The text covers all aspects of basic theory principles, making it an excellent resource well beyond an introductory course. Its clear presentation uses schematics and large illustrations to bring concepts to life, while examples throughout demonstrate how to do common tasks electricians perform. Succinct units covering one or two topics make the book easy to digest.
- New coverage of AC servo motors and AC torque motors
- Extended coverage of motor nameplate data, RL time constants, AC waveforms and how to determine resistance of conductors at different temperatures
- "Green Tips" integrated throughout text demonstrate how to apply green concepts to the electrical field
- Math concepts are limited to basic algebra and trigonometry and are logically organized so readers can master the basics before moving on to more advanced topics
- "Why You Need to Know" boxed articles at the beginning of each unit highlight the real-world importance of critical topics presented in the text
- Highlighted safety/caution material stresses safe work practices and draws attention to critical points deserving emphasis.
Updated to 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC).