Drawing Shortcuts: Developing Quick Drawing Skills Using Today's Technology 2nd Edition presents a contemporary approach to merging traditional hand drawing methods with 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional digital visualization tools. It shows how communicating with hand drawings combined with digital technology can be ingeniously simple, and this new edition makes an already popular technique even better. Completely expanded with new chapters and a wealth of supporting images, the book presents practical techniques for improving drawing efficiency and effectiveness by combining traditional hand drawing methods with the latest digital technology, including 3-D modeling with SketchUp.
- Easy-to-follow instructions cover every aspect from the basics of drawing such as composition, color, shading, hatching and perspective up to the most current technologies
- Incorporates Google SketchUp, Google Earth, computer generated renderings, digital scanners and printers
- Features new visuals from accomplished drawing experts
- Special new "Gallery" section highlights the creative process with step-by-step examples of drawings
- Complete coverage of the "Overlay and Trace Method," "Simple Composite Method," "Advanced Composite Method" and "Digital Hybrid Drawings"
- New matrices show alternative drawing techniques for specific visual effects such as Linework and Shading, Selecting the Right Views, Perspectives and Paraline Drawings, Drawing Detail, Camera Lenses, and Drawing Tools
Generously enriched with detailed process drawings, examples and more than 500 full-color images, this book will have readers creating top-quality drawings faster and more effectively.