Interior Design in Practice
Interior Design in Practice: Case Studies of Successful Business Models uses real-world case studies to help readers master the business of interior design practice. The book provides the vital business education an interior designer needs. It describes in detail how to plan and launch an interior design business, and how to grow that business towards success. Through real-world case studies, readers will learn the essentials of building a design practice, including:
- Deciding how and when to use business planning, strategic planning and financial planning to your benefit
- Techniques to build teams and motivate team members
- Ways to avoid costly mistakes
- Advice on branding and marketing your firm and yourself
- Methods to integrate new technology into your day-to-day practice, marketing and networking.
The book is co-authored by a former ASID national president and an experienced design writer and editor and assists interior designers with practical, from-the-field advice, along with enlightening case studies throughout the book. Both budding entrepreneurs and seasoned design practitioners will find this comprehensive, real-world guide a welcome stepping-stone to success.