Interior Design Reference Manual
Interior Design Reference Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Pass the NCIDQ Exam 6th Edition offers a comprehensive review of all NCIDQ content areas to help readers pass the computer-based NCIDQ Examination IDFX, IDPX, as well as the Practicum. Its intuitive organization and clear explanations help readers quickly understand common interior design concepts. An extensive index contains thousands of terms.
- Study guidelines, exam tips and tables throughout the book simplify exam preparation.
- More than 200 figures illustrate common design details in both SI and US measurements.
- More than 3,000 index entries help quickly locate key interior design terms and topics.
- Revised to focus on IDFX, IDPX and the Interior Design Practicum.
- Updated to the 2012 International Building Code and 2010 ADA/ABA Accessibility Guidelines.
- Organized by content area, with icons that indicate which content areas are covered in each chapter.
- Expanded coverage of acoustics, lighting, seismic restraint for ceilings, barrier-free design, means of egress, sourcing and researching manufacturer's information, building regulations and codes, measurement and drafting, sustainable design, cost estimating and budgeting, project management, finishes, quartz surfacing.
Exam content areas covered include design concepts and programming; design constraints; building systems and construction; research, analysis and selection of products and details; communication and documentation; project and business management.