NFPA 25 2017 Edition
NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems establishes minimum requirements for the periodic inspection, testing and maintenance of water-based fire protection systems, including land-based and marine applications.
Major revisions in NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems 2017 Edition include:
- new residential sprinkler replacement requirements address sprinklers that are no longer available
- new requirements clarify steps to take if inspections reveal missing escutcheons or if listed escutcheons are no longer available
- added criteria cover automated inspections and testing
- significant changes in address waterflow alarm devices, preaction and deluge valves, air compressors and general pressure gauge criteria
- fire pump terms are aligned with NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- new Annexes address connectivity and data collection, as well as color-coded tagging programs.