Portfolios for Interior Designers is a complete guide to portfolio development for interior designers. It helps demystify the process of creating a well-crafted, professional-looking tool to organize and unify their work in a fashion that optimally conveys their talents and skills by guiding the reader toward mastery in assembling a winning portfolio. It delivers essential step-by-step instruction presented in a manner that shows interior designers how to properly and effectively display their designs. Includes:
- Color and black-and-white illustrations showing portfolio elements and options
- Graphic design concepts necessary for portfolio development
- Specific information for the design of digital portfolios
- Supplemental teaching resources that direct readers to a companion Web site
- Useful tips on the ways that popular graphics software applications can be best implemented for certain portfolio elements
- Samples of cover letters and resumes, along with discussion of job search procedures
With the aid of real-world examples, this book examines how a portfolio can be used as an effective tool for communicating with clients and other professionals. It eliminates the uncertainty surrounding portfolio development so that interior designers can showcase their abilities successfully.