The Interior Design Reference & Specification Book
The Interior Design Reference & Specification Book: Everything Interior Designers Need to Know Every Day collects the information essential to planning and executing interior projects of all shapes and sizes and distills it in a format that is as easy to use as it is to carry. Includes interviews with top practitioners drawn across the field of interior design.
- Fundamentals provides a step-by-step overview of an interiors project, describing the scope of professional services, the project schedule, and the design and presentation tools used by designers.
- Space examines ways of composing rooms as spatial environments while speaking to functional and life-safety concerns.
- Surface identifies options in color, material, texture, and pattern, while addressing maintenance and performance issues.
- Environments looks at aspects of interior design that help create a specific mood or character, such as natural and artificial lighting, sound and smell.
- Elements describes the selection and specification of furniture and fixtures, as well as other components essential to an interior environment, such as artwork and accessories.
- Resources gathers a wealth of useful data, from sustainability guidelines to online sources for interiors-related research.