Understanding Construction Drawings
Understanding Construction Drawings 6th Edition is a uniquely practical text that provides readers with a thorough guide to reading, understanding and working with construction drawings. The book has been updated to reflect the 2015 International Building Code and 2015 International Residential Code and includes accurate, up-to-date information on current materials, practices and standards to readers for career success in modern building trades. The text is designed from start to finish for real-world relevance, with topics organized by actual construction processes. It has realistic construction drawings integrated into chapter content, hundreds of practical questions and activities, and full-size residential and commercial construction prints. Readers will master fundamental concepts including views, lines, basic dimensioning and symbols, as well as more advanced principles and practices such as orienting and cross-referencing drawings, interpreting complex drawings and working with commercial construction elements like structural steel, masonry and reinforced concrete. A new feature highlights information on environmental considerations such as energy efficiency, sustainable materials and "green" building practices. Features include:
- Thoroughly updated to reflect the 2015 International Building Code and 2012 International Residential Code
- New and updated photos, sketches and illustrations
- Updated text sequence and organization to better reflect real-world processes
- New feature highlights information on environmental considerations such as energy efficiency, sustainable materials and "green" building practices
- New dedicated unit on specifications.