2015 Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code
2015 Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub Code governs the installation and inspection of both private and public swimming pool, spa or hot tub systems as means of promoting public health, safety and welfare. Key features and updates from the 2012 edition of the publication include:
- New safety requirements for water slides, wave pools, leisure rivers and spray grounds in order to prevent injuries
- New requirements for the construction of underwater benches, seats and ledges for public swimming pools
- New requirements for secondary disinfection systems for public wading pools, catch pools, spray grounds and therapy pools by ultraviolet light system or ozone system
- New requirements for building ventilation and indoor air quality for indoor aquatic facilities or venues
- New requirements for natatoriums to prevent the movement of moisture into building surfaces that can result in damage to the building structure
- New artificial or natural lighting requirements for public aquatic venues that provide minimum lighting levels to be maintained while in use in order to identify, below the water surface, bathers that are in distress or objects that could pose a danger
- New provisions for turnover times for water slides and catch pools, wave pools, leisure rivers and spray grounds in accordance with industry standards
- New requirements for installation, design and ventilation of chemical feed equipment in order to supply disinfectant and pH control chemicals to an aquatic facility while preventing the hazardous release of chlorine gas.
IAPMO/ANSI USPSHTC 1-2015.