NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code (2013)
NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code (2013) covers the application, installation, location, performance, inspection, testing and maintenance of fire alarm systems, supervising station alarm systems, public emergency alarm reporting systems, fire warning equipment and emergency communications systems (ECS), as well as their components. Changes to this edition include:
- New Chapter 7 consolidates all documentation rules into one location.
- Reorganized inspection table now includes new specific inspection methods
- Testing table merges two previous tables into one with both test methods and frequencies side by side for improved usability
- Revised supervising station transmission methods
- New requirements for audible and visible occupant notification
- Reorganization and update of record of completion and inspection, testing, and maintenance forms
- Revised requirements for emergency communications systems.