Builder's Essentials: Plan Reading and Takeoff
Builder's Essentials: Plan Reading and Takeoff shows and explains the typical work drawings encountered by contractors in residential and light commercial construction.
- Explains in straight forward language, not only the way all common features are represented but also how to translate that information into a material list
- Organized by CSI divisions, each chapter uses plans, details, and tables where applicable
- Checklists summarize each division
- Includes an overview of specifications and contract documents, and a review of square and cubic measure for determining areas and volumes
- The Appendix provides conversion tables and a sample spec excerpt.