Construction Specifications Writing: Principles and Procedures
Construction Specifications Writing: Principles and Procedures 6th Edition is the foremost text on construction specifications. This mainstay in the field offers comprehensive, practical and professional guidance to understanding the purposes and processes for preparation of construction specifications. The book uses real-world document examples that reflect current writing practices shaped by the well-established principles and requirements of major professional associations, including the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC) and the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI). Also included are guidelines for correct terminology, product selection, organization of specifications according to recognized CSI formats, and practical techniques for document production. Fully revised throughout, this edition includes:
- Updates to MasterFormat 2004, as well as SectionFormat/PageFormat 2007 and Uniformat
- End-of-chapter questions and specification-writing exercises
- Samples of the newly updated construction documents from the AIA
- New chapter on sustainable design and specifications for LEED projects
- Updated information on the role of specifications in Building Information Modeling (BIM).