How to Estimate with RSMeans Data
How to Estimate with RSMeans Data 4th Edition teaches how to estimate building costs using the leading source of construction cost data. This step-by-step guide takes readers through all the major construction items with extensive coverage of site work, concrete and masonry, wood and metal framing, doors and windows and other divisions. An important new chapter, Introduction to Cost Estimating, covers many aspects and definitions of cost estimating specific to project management in the construction industry. Includes:
- Two sets of actual project plans (residential and light commercial) with which to practice estimating
- Expert advice on design-stage estimates - when and how to use assemblies and square-foot estimating
- Tips from professionals, including widely used formulas and rules of thumb
- Guidance on how to use the powerful features of CostWorks Estimator
- More than 300 end-of-chapter exercises that show how to estimate for a broad range of construction items and systems, including general conditions and equipment costs.