Landscape Construction 3rd Edition helps readers understand the process of construction and implementation of exterior hardscape construction projects. This book begins with the preparation for construction and follows through to the installation of the final elements of the landscape project. Future landscape contractors and designers will appreciate the detailed discussions about site preparation, grading and drainage, utilities and irrigation, retaining wall construction, paving, exterior carpentry, fencing and free-standing walls. Amenities such as pools, ponds and edging are discussed in detail. All instructions are well supported by photos and illustrations.
- Explanations of new tools for better work performance
- Information on bidding and estimating
- Step-by-step instructions for included projects
- Discussions of materials and methods provide options for executing hardscape improvements
- New section on installing plants, turf and meadows
- Expanded information on sustainable landscape construction
- New information and installation techniques and materials for drip irrigation, low-voltage lighting, permeable pavement, recycled pavement, stained concrete, tensile-fabric structures, outdoor kitchens, misting and fogging systems and resilient play surfaces.