A Global History of Architecture
A Global History of Architecture 3rd Edition is a guide to the history of the world's great architectural achievements. Organized along a global timeline, the book has been updated and revised throughout to reflect current scholarship. Spanning from 3,500 b.c.e. to the present, this unique guide is written by an all-star team of architectural experts in their fields who emphasize the connections, contrasts and influences of architectural movements throughout history. The architectural history of the world comes to life through a unified framework for interpreting and understanding architecture, supplemented by rich drawings from the renowned Frank Ching, as well as brilliant photographs. This edition:
- Delivers more coverage of non-Western areas, particularly Africa, South Asia, South East Asia and Pre-Columbian America
- Is completely re-designed with full-color illustrations throughout
- Incorporates additional drawings by Professor Ching, including new maps with more information and color
- Meets the requirements set by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) for "non-Western" architecture in history education.
- Offers new connections to a companion web site, including Google Earth coordinates for ease of finding sites.