Audel Carpenter's and Builder's Layout, Foundation & Framing
Audel Carpenter's and Builder's Layout, Foundation & Framing 7th Edition is a handy guide to the principles governing choosing a construction site, setting a foundation, erecting walls and putting on roofs. The book has been totally revised and updated to cover new building materials and the latest techniques in construction and framing.
- Choose an appropriate site and lay out the structure
- Construct a foundation that meets structural needs and weather conditions
- Work with block building materials
- Understand balloon frame, post-and-beam and platform frame construction
- Calculate rafter length and choose the right roofing materials
- Install skylights, cornices, doors, windows and various types of siding.