Audel Electric Motors
Audel Electric Motors 6th Edition contains information about installing, repairing and maintaining any type of electric motor. Completely revised and illustrated, it covers principles of motor function, choosing and replacing motors, identifying and repairing common problems, performing routine maintenance and more, all without excessive math.
- Understand both AC and DC motor function and operation
- Repair small series motors and troubleshoot special types of motors
- Compare methods of motor control, including various switches, starters and timing relays
- Troubleshoot fractional horsepower motors, including split-phase induction, capacitor start, repulsion, shaded-pole, hysteresis synchronous and universal motors
- Learn the best procedures for stripping and rewinding armatures and stators
- Modify AC motors for speed control
- Discover which tools and supplies are always needed.