Fire Code Essentials (2018)
Fire Code Essentials 2018 Edition, based on the 2018 International Fire Code is a reference designed to explore the proper application and use of the 2018 International Fire Code by providing detailed guidance on its most critical code provisions. This book begins with an explanation of occupancy classifications that establishes the foundation readers will build on as they progress through subsequent content. The book is then divided into six parts covering topics such as legal aspects of code administration, fire fighter response and access to buildings, water supplies, fire protection systems, hazards in buildings and communities, storage and use of hazardous materials and much more. The book is straightforward, easy to read and an indispensable tool for both new and experienced code users, including fire inspectors, building code officials, fire marshals, fire plans examiners, design professionals, environmental health professionals, facility managers and fire fighters. Features include:
- updated content accurately reflecting the requirements of the 2018 International Fire Code
- detailed, full-color illustrations and tables
- “Code Essentials” and “You Should Know” topics that reinforce
- references to corresponding code sections
- glossary of code and construction terms
- detailed, real-world examples.