Plumbing Technology: Design and Installation
Plumbing Technology: Design and Installation 4th Edition is a reference designed to help readers prepare for a career in commercial or residential plumbing. The book has been updated to reflect the very latest advancements in the plumbing industry, and has been restructured to begin with instruction on the major, introductory concepts, then progress to more specific, advanced lessons, allowing readers a complete and thorough understanding of the material. This edition includes coverage of the very latest products, tools, codes, and drain cleaning equipment that have had a remarkable impact on the plumbing industry and how plumbers work successfully. The latest water heater technology, such as Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistant heaters, DWV system segments and sizing, new safety regulations, and all relevant code changes are also addressed. Features include:
- Safety topics were expanded and included in a major segment of the book, and Safety Alerts throughout the book emphasize the critical need to focus on safety at all times
- Test Your Knowledge questions reinforce key concepts and encourage readers to apply the materials they have learned
- Expanded section on blueprint reading and drafting provides more comprehensive coverage
- Mathematics used for pipe and fitting assembly has been strengthened to include pipe offset formulas
- Detailed explanation of hands-on methods applied to plumbing tasks ensures that readers learn both the "why" and "how" of first-rate plumbing design and installation.