Profitable Sales: A Contractor's Guide
Michael Stone's 30+ years of experience in residential remodeling and specialty sales is shared in this new book, Profitable Sales, A Contractor's Guide. The information provided is valuable for both the construction-related business owner and their sales staff. In this book, Michael explains how to:
- professionally represent your company when a new lead calls in
- determine if a lead is worth your time before you set the appointment
- establish ground rules with a potential client during the initial phone call
- address the three fears of every customer
- successfully ask the four questions you need answered, and how they relate to the three fears
- navigate through design agreements, letters of intent, and other documents that prevent you from wasting time
- help customers make selections
- turn a cancellation into a positive event
- find, train, motivate and compensate sales staff
- and much more....
A significant portion of the book is devoted to "What if" scenarios. What if the customer wants you to fix something in their home during the appointment? What if they are distracted by the TV, by unruly kids, by neighbors who stop by? Michael discusses insurance calls, dealing with other professionals (attorneys, architects and designers, realtors, engineers, lenders) and issues that can arise after the contract is signed. The scenarios range from mildly humorous (arriving at a home to find homeowners inappropriately dressed) to frightening (handling firearms on a sales call). Includes sample forms, along with access to downloads allowing you to save many of these forms on your computer for easy use.