Seepage, Drainage and Flow Nets
Seepage, Drainage and Flow Nets 3rd Edition is the definitive practical guide to understanding and solving seepage and drainage problems. It offers simple methods for analyzing and designing seepage and groundwater control systems for all major types of civil engineering works. Complete with solid coverage of seepage principles and flow net construction, the book is an invaluable aid to engineering professionals and students in mastering this vital subject. Features include:
- Clear explanations of Darcy's law, permeability and other core concepts
- Seepage analyses and drainage designs for earth dams, levees, foundations, earth slopes, roads, airfields, streets, parking lots and more
- Information on contemporary topics including "wick" drains, "fin" drains and the protection of groundwaters from contamination
- An assessment of computer solutions to seepage and drainage problems
- More than 100 examples of flow nets, ranging from the simple to the complex, accompanied by step-by-step instructions
- Useful chapter references to facilitate further study.