The Engineering Guide to LEED-New Construction
The Engineering Guide to LEED-New Construction 2nd Edition is an up-to-date guide to the latest LEED-New Construction guidelines and will help readers acquire the skills needed to apply LEED-NC to sustainable construction projects. The book offers comprehensive coverage of the environmental systems and impacts on which many of the LEED-NC subcategories are based and presents detailed equations and exercises that can be used to perform the calculations outlined in LEED-NC. Includes valuable information on real-world applications of LEED-NC in military, low-impact development (LID) and other sectors. Coverage includes:
- Introduction to the US Green Building Council's LEED-NC rating system
- Sustainable sites
- Water efficiency
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- Innovation in design and regional priorities
- A systematic view of green and minimum program requirements
- Department of Defense sustainable construction and indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Low-impact development.
Fully revised for version 3.0 of the LEED-New Construction rating system (LEED-2009).