Staying Small Successfully
Staying Small Successfully: A Guide for Architects, Engineers & Design Professionals 2nd Edition is a no-nonsense guide that shows leaders of smaller architecture, engineering and design firms how to compete successfully against larger organizations without becoming one of them. It demonstrates how a smaller firm can position itself to bring more value to its clients, operate over a larger geographical area, and develop a strategic plan for increasing revenues and profits. Featuring new chapters on forming strategic alliances and maximizing the benefits of information technology, the book presents updated case studies of more than fifty small design firms. These firms have achieved remarkable success and handled large contracts with limited staff and the case studies illustrate how they learned to:
- Anticipate client needs and meet them in advance
- Narrow the target market and expand the client base
- Leverage core competencies to create powerful marketing tools
- Establish strategic partnerships
- Survive and thrive during an economic downturn.